PaperCut MF allows organisations to track, control and optionally charge for the printing and copying performed by users. The implementation of a solution reduces paper and toner waste, cuts costs, reduces the impact of your organisation’s paper output on the environment and makes both users and departments more accountable. PaperCut MF provides access to detailed reports that illustrate the environmental impact of your organisation’s paper output and allow you to make the correct policy and purchasing decisions. PaperCut MF provides genuine cross-platform support and can operate in most networking environments. These include those that use Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, RM or LDAP for authentication with options to utilise Windows, Novell Open Enterprise (OES), Mac and Linux print servers with full pop-up messaging support on Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix clients.
To capture “off the glass” walk-up copying, PaperCut MF supports:
- Embedded applications that run directly on a multifunctional device, enabling single sign-on using existing domain infrastructure (on selected devices).
- Direct TCP/IP network connection with selected ITS hardware terminals, enabling user authentication and access via common card formats including: magnetic stripe (”swipe”) cards, proximity cards, barcode cards and smart cards.
- Track and control walk-up / off-the-glass photocopying using hardware or software solutions.
- 100% web-based administration allowing admin control from anywhere on the network.
- Cross-platform support for both servers and clients. Available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Vendor neutral – no hardware vendor or operating system lock-in.
- Differential copy/print charging allowing costs to be defined per copier or printer.
- Varied prices for colour, duplex and large format printing.
- Print release and secure printing in open access environments.
- Advanced reporting in PDF, HTML and Excel or export routines.
- Charge to shared accounts – great for allocating costs to departments, faculties or cost centres.
- Import users and groups from Active Directory or an LDAP server like Open Directory or Novell eDirectory.
- Web-based reports including environmental impact.
How can we track copying?
PaperCut MF provides support for add-on hardware terminals that allow the control of standalone copiers, modern MFDs and other devices such as microfilm/microfiche printers. Alternatively embedded software can be installed on modern MFDs.
How can we take payment from our users?
PaperCut provides a system of Top Up / Prepaid cards and facilitate over the counter payment. PaperCut MF expands this by providing support for value loaders that automate cash payments and web-payment.
Download a free 40 day trial
Click here to access the full PaperCut tour which allows you to explore all aspects of the solution.
To view the PaperCut web print tour please click here
PaperCut Software have built up an extensive knowledgebase, which is available online for any interested party to view. Start your search.
- Very simple to install, use and support
- Feature rich and regularly updated modern software
- A complete solution developed by one single development team
- No expensive add-on modules developed by multiple 3rd parties
- Embedded software for the leading brands of multifunctional devices
- Simple pricing
- Multi-platform support
- Hundreds of UK reference sites